Friday, December 21, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Sales of all North County real estate types were down 15% in November over October but up 13% over November of last year. The first 11 months of the year are up 10% for the same time period in 2011. Properties in escrow are down 17% from last month and also down 17% from November of 2011. Active listings on the market were down 8 % from October and also down 27% from the same time last year. Smaller inventories of properties for sale are having an effect.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
- a lot of us in the real estate business (myself included) were fearful that when the banks, via prodding from the feds, slowed up doing foreclosures that it would just produce a big backlog o
f them that would make things even worse. Thankfully, it appears at least for the present, that is not happening and in fact the opposite is happening. Check out this San Francisco Chronicle article here
Friday, November 16, 2012
Friday, November 9, 2012
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Sales of all North County real estate types were up 22% in October over September and are up 25% over October of last year. The first 10 months of the year are up 10% for the same time period in 2011. Properties in escrow are up 2% from last month and also up 3% over September of 2011. Active listings on the market were down 1 % from September and also down 25% from the same time last year.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Friday, September 28, 2012
--then having your home catch on fire, as we have seen from some of the recent wildfires in other parts of the country. Although we have been pretty lucky here for the most part this year, it can happen to you at any time.
Those of us who have country homes are especially vulnerable as we normally have more more combustible materials around us and response times from the authorities are a lot longer. Check out this good article as a great FYI . Click here now
Friday, September 21, 2012
- Check out this SF Chronicle article. We are experiencing the same thing here. Go to -http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/Shortage-of-California-homes-up-for-sale-3872725.php
Friday, August 31, 2012
Sales of all North County real estate types increased 4% in August over July and also up 4% over August of last year. The first 8 months of the year are also up 10% for the same time period in 2011. Properties in escrow are almost virtually identical for August vs. July and up 4% from the same month in 2011 . Active listings on the market are up 3 % from July and also down 25% ! from the same time last year. Things are still on a solid and improving basis for this year.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Friday, August 10, 2012
.. In the early 1980's current presidential hopeful Mitt Romney invested in Texas real estate and evidently it was not one of his better decisions at the time. However,
in 1997 he sold one of the houses and carried paper to the new owners and still is. These people could possibly be sending their mortgage check to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave next year. Read the NY times article here
Friday, August 3, 2012
Sales of all North County real estate types decreased 15% in July over June but are up 21% over June of last year. The first 7 months of the year are also up 10% for the same time period in 2011. Properties in escrow are up 2% from last month and up 10% over July of 2011. Active listings on the market were down 5 % from June and also down 29% ! from the same time last year. Still a very positive improvement overall in the market and the shorter supply is starting to have it's effect on pricing!
Friday, July 27, 2012
-- Click on the link below to see an analysis county by county for the 1st 6 months of this year.http://www.car.org/newsstand/newsreleases/2012releases/668441/
Friday, July 13, 2012
We have a pretty unanimous opinion now from national experts that the housing market is on the rebound. Excellent WSJ article http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303644004577520414196790098.html?mod=WSJ_hpp_LEFTTopStories
Friday, July 6, 2012
Sales of all North County real estate types decreased 4% in June over May but are up 21% over June of last year. The first 6 months of the year are also up 14% for the same time period in 2011. Properties in escrow are down 9% from last month and up 13% over June of 2011. Active listings on the market were up 2 % from May but down 27% from the same time last year. All in all, this year is showing an improvement over last year and 2011 showed a large improvement over 2010. The biggest news is the continued drop in properties on the market.
Friday, June 22, 2012
- As reported here this month, sales are up and bank owned sales are down here in northern SLO county. That same trend is here statewide. Check it Out Here
Friday, June 15, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
In 2011 37% of the homes sold in the North County were Bank Owned Properties. Year to date for 2012 that number has dropped to 26% of the residential sales. Short sales, (where the seller is "underwater"meaning they owe more on their home then the asking price and the lender agreed to take less then the loan balance to close the sale) accounted for 17% of the sales in 2011 and year to date in 2012 they are now 21% of the sales. Combining together the short sales and bank owned properties for 2011 they accounted for 54% of the sales last year. This year together they are at 47% of the sales so far. The short sales have climbed some over the bank owned foreclosure sales as most of the large lenders now realize that it is in their interest to not have to take the property back in foreclosure and taking less on their loan balance through the short sale process can be better in many cases. The best news of course is that distressed property sales as a whole are on the decline here as a whole while the market in totality is on the upswing.
Saturday, June 2, 2012
Sales of all North County real estate types increased 21% in May over April and also up 22% over May of last year. The first 5 months of the year are also up 12% for the same time period in 2011. Properties in escrow are down 3% from last month and up 11% over May of 2011. Active listings on the market were up 1% from April but down 28% from the same time last year. We are looking forward to the same positive upturn we saw in the market last year.
Friday, May 25, 2012
- With all the emphasis on Tuscan styles these days, we are definitely in a trend of different and lively colors in each room these days. However, one home now for sale in Agoura Hills really takes it to a new level. Take a look at the 7,000 sq. ft. "Kaleidoscope Home" http://www.realtor.com/blogs/2012/05/15/zomg-this-house-cray-kaleidoscope-home-lists-agoura-hills-ca-photos/
Friday, May 18, 2012
15 Year vs. 30 Year Mortgage - the rate differential between a 15 yr. mortgage and a 30 year is now at it's highest and with the already low interest rates, the pay down on principal is even better plus the difference in payment amounts is less then ever. Strongly consider a 15 year now when buying or refinancing. Check It Out Here
Friday, May 4, 2012
APRIL NORTH COUNTY REAL ESTATE STATISTICS-
Sales of all North County real estate types decreased 6% in April over the month before but are up 4% over April of last year. The first 4 months of the year are also up 9% for the same time period in 2011. Properties in escrow are up 3% from last month and up 22% over April of 2011. Active listings on the market were down 1% from February and also down 28% from the same time last year. A positive trend still continues over 2011 and 2011 way exceeded 2010.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Friday, April 20, 2012
Friday, April 13, 2012
Friday, April 6, 2012
- The new and stronger trend in real estate activity continues. Closed sales are up 11% the first quarter of this year vs. the first quarter of 2011
Sales of all North County real estate types increased 20% in March over February and are up 13% over March of last year. Properties in escrow are up 10 % from last month and up 24% over March of 2011. Active listings on the market were up 25% from February but down 25% from the same time last year. All in all, a real positive trend continues to hold up.
Friday, March 23, 2012
- there has been a recent development in how home mortgage interest may be treated and is especially applicable to those with large loans . Read more at here
Friday, March 9, 2012
Friday, March 2, 2012
- Activity continues to increase and the big news is at the bottom so keep reading!
Sales of all North County real estate types increased 12% in February over January and are up 19% over February of last year. Properties in escrow are up 7 % from last month and up 11% over Feburary of last year. Active listings on the market are down 31% when compared to the same time last year. The inventory of properties on the market is down a whopping 43% from the same time last year!!
Friday, February 24, 2012
- As I reported at the 1st of the month, properties available for sale in the North County are down a whopping 31% from last year at this time. It seems that is happening almost everywhere across the nation. So; prices are at 2001-2003 levels, interest rates are at record lows and inventories are almost 1/3 down. What does economics 101 tell us?? Time to buy?? Check out this Wall Street Journal article. Click here
Friday, February 17, 2012
Saturday, February 11, 2012
- for homeowners has been that if they owe more on their home then it is worth (underwater) they have not been able to refinance and lower their interest rate with the new low rates since the home will not appraise for the amount owed on it. However, if you are current on your payments and if your loan was backed by FNMA (fannie mae) or FMAC freddie mac) on or before 5/31/2009, you may be luck. You can now refinance your home no matter what the balance may be to the new current rates and lower your payments if you meet customary underwriting guidelines. To learn more, go to http://www.mainstreet.com/article/real-estate/more-help-homeowners-harp-20
Saturday, February 4, 2012
- Sales of all North County real estate types decreased 23% in January over December and are down 1% over January of last year. It is normal for January closed escrows to be much lower then December due to not many escrows being opened in November and December due to the holidays. Properties in escrow are up 15 % from last month and up 24% over January of last year. Active listings on the market are down 31% when compared to the same time last year.
Friday, January 27, 2012
- For some time now politicians have been using FNMA and FREDDIEMAC as the whipping boys in the mortgage mess because unfortunately it is hard for the general public to understand the roles these institutions play in real estate finance. It is also unfortunate that most politicians do not understand it either. That is why it was good to see this recent articlecheck this out
Friday, January 20, 2012
Beautiful Ocean View Cayucos Home -- If you or anyone you know is looking for a absolutely killer house, take a look at this 4 bedroom 4 bath of app. 3,700 sq. ft. with whitewater views. Check this out and turn on your sound and check out the virtual tour at the upper right. Click here
Friday, January 13, 2012
Friday, January 6, 2012
- For the 1st time in the past 7 years Northern San Luis Obispo County has shown an increase in property sales over the year previous. Sales of all property types increased 19% in 2011 over 2010. Properties in escrow were up 4% in December over December of 2010 and the inventory of property on the market is down 15% from the same time last year. The average price of a home in Paso Robles declined 2% in 2011 over 2010 but that happened mostly in the 1st part of the year and that is the lowest per annum drop in a long time. With the increase in sales and the lowering of the amount of property on the market for 12 full months, one can likely assume that this market has at a minimum stabilized for the time being. That coupled with lower interest rates and some great buys still on the market should give buyers some motivation if they have been on the fence.